Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Would the NVIDIA GT 540M graphics card run Warhammer 40k: Dawn of war 2?

I'm currently browsing for a new computer I came across a fairly decent Laptop 6GB RAM with NVIDIA GT 540M graphics card.



The main thing I want to know is will the NVIDIA GT 540M graphics card be able to run Dawn of war 2 on medium+ graphics.



I really hope someone could get back to me as I'm really needing to know!

Thanks!Would the NVIDIA GT 540M graphics card run Warhammer 40k: Dawn of war 2?
It should. DoW 2 requires a NVidia 6600 minimum, and recommends a card that supports shader model 3+, whereas the GT540M has support for shader model 5. 6600 is DDR3, as is the GT540M.

It all checks out, go try it out now. As far as I can tell, it should be able to run at least on medium.



Just never buy a laptop with an intel chipset to play any modern games. They all suck ***. You have to mod the crap out of them to get them to play on just medium graphics, so stay away from those. You are looking at a good computer.

If you want to play at home only, I'd recommend getting a PC instead, since graphics cards available for those are generally better than their portable counterparts.

No comments:

Post a Comment